1963 – 2020 and beyond – Happy birthday PCC!!!!!
In honor of the 57th birthday of the Polynesian Cultural Center – we bring you some fun trivia and a 1963 local article.
Quick trivia (each question gets harder!)
- Who was the first employee of the PCC?
- How much did an entrance ticket cost in 1963?
- Where exactly was the front entrance to the PCC?
- What was the first village as you entered?
- What was the name of the first evening show?
- Who came up with the name for the Polynesian Cultural Center?
(answers are below)
- T. David Hannemann
- Entrance was $1.50. The evening show was $1 (which was only held on Saturdays and some Fridays)
- The gate next to the now closed Hale Kuai
- Polynesian Panorama
- Painter and Church College instructor, Wylie Swapp